Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to the forum, and have looked around a lot for an answer to this and am stuck, and need some help, so I'm reaching out to this community.... I'm in the process of rebuilding/restoring a 2001 Yamaha XL700 (burden of love, i know, not yeh smartest thing to do)... and am almost done, but am stuck on one hose connection... (i'm not the one who took it apart, but am reassembling it, hence my problem). Added a parts catalog pic for reference, and have looked through the tech manuals and still stuck... I can trace the water flow, and know where all the lines connect, except the exhaust coolant exit "T" line that terminates on clip #20 on the attached drawing. I know that the main dump into the exhaust line (in the back section of the ski) ties into the perpendicular connection of the exhaust chamber (there is a long hose, a T and short nipple), but where does the other end of the T connection go? i can see on other models it wraps around the chamber and ties into a nipple close to the chamber elbow connection to the flexible exhaust tube... but mine doesn't have that connection nipple. So i'm stuck as to where to connect it.... Any help here or guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, just one.... if you have a 700, and could take a look and see where that line goes that would be very helpful.... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Ok I found it. It appears to connect down a bit lower on the exhaust based on schematic I found. See green circles in pic. Hope this helps. I don't have a 700. I'm searching manuals till I come across what I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right, I got that from the manual too.... but i don't have that fitting connection on the exhaust chamber.... maybe its from a different year or something not sure.... see my problem :)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Using the hose length as a guide. Can you find anything within reach of it without stretching it tight?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts