Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the XL760 for about a hour, took a break, and it would not start, had it checked by a friend and found it has good compression, stop circuit is good, has no spark, no voltage to the charge coil and no voltage to the pulsa coil....what should I do???...I am a DYI type person...so I don't mind trying to fix it myself....thanks!

ps..I truely enjoy this site.....

·
Registered
323 Posts
It will be the charge coil (which actually sparks, weird I know) in the front cover. By memory the stator on a 760 is bolted to the front cover so you wont have to remove the flywheel, but i could be wrong. Usually the one without the whitish coating on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK...I made a mistake, minor I think, it is a 1999 model, not a 2001, but still a XL760, so does that mean I will have to go into the flywheel to get to the charge coil? Looking at the diagrams I have been able to locate it appears I will have too but wanted to pass it by you first.
The second question is..I have not been able to find a charge coil for the 1999 XL760, but I have found one from a 94 wave raider 700 and one from a kawaski 650 that look identical to the one in the diagrams, will either one be interchangeable?
This project has become interesting...with your help..thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts