Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 2001 XLT 1200 yamaha jet ski in for service at yamaha licensed dealer. They replaced impeller due to performance issues, charged me $165 for service, total $800. Then informed me that the engine will not turn over manually, that the engine is locked up. How could a service be performed without starting the engine? They told me the first thing they do is start the jet ski but this time they did not do that. Am I being cheated here? What should I be aware of?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with Phumb about the service. If it was running when you took it in it should be running when you get it back. When in business I knew if I took someone item in and it was running and low and behold something went wrong while servicing it I knew I would have to either repair and eat the repair or talk to the owner and work something out. Just good customer service. Sometime stuff happens and I would suggest talking to the owner and tell him your side of the story. A lot of time owner or managers have no idea there is a problem unless the customer let's them know. Be friendly and nice but firm. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts