Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 F12X that wont turn on unless i pull the 30 amp fuse. But then it wont shut off unless I pull the fuse again. Dealer told me to pull the connections to the dash and reconnect. I did that and it worked. It turned on AND off, but as soon as the dash goes dead from non-use it won't light up again when you attach the lanyard. I am afraid it might be the ECU and that is not cheap and may not correct the issue. SO was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how they fixed it?

Honda dealer and Honda direct have no clue???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2002 F12X that wont turn on unless i pull the 30 amp fuse. But then it wont shut off unless I pull the fuse again. Dealer told me to pull the connections to the dash and reconnect. I did that and it worked. It turned on AND off, but as soon as the dash goes dead from non-use it won't light up again when you attach the lanyard. I am afraid it might be the ECU and that is not cheap and may not correct the issue. SO was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how they fixed it?

Honda dealer and Honda direct have no clue???

Just in case anyone has this issue and wants to know the fix....It was the 6P connector to the main relay was either corroded or had a bad connection. Pulled it a couple times and reconnected and it works for now...Probably will go on me soon and will need a whole new main relay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up replacing the Main Relay and everything works just fine now. Just an FYI...I see quite a few folks having the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts