Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so that's my question. Is the fuel filter meant to just be cleaned out and re-inserted or do I need to replace it? Yep, they are $20 but if needed, I'll replace it.

I'm thinking these are OK to continue to use provided they aren't torn/messed up etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
It's recommended to replace it but if you spray out the debris with a carb cleaner spray I see no harm there.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok, so that's my question. Is the fuel filter meant to just be cleaned out and re-inserted or do I need to replace it? Yep, they are $20 but if needed, I'll replace it.

I'm thinking these are OK to continue to use provided they aren't torn/messed up etc. Thanks
For twenty bucks I would replace it. Unless you can get any sediment or particulates out I would replace it. It is not like a sea strainer where you just unscrew it and flush it. Given the age of your ski and not knowing when it was replaced last I think it makes sense to replace it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do, Thanks! The first year is always the hardest! We bought a 1997 Monterey boat and the 2 sea doo's last year. Maintenance is a must and I wouldn't want to sacrifice the ski's for a $20 part!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts