Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two 2002 bombardier gtx di jet skis. I have one that runs and one that does not. Here is what i do know. Battery is good, spark plugs are good and spark to the plugs are good. The engine turns over and almost starts, but does not. When i put the key in the fuel injection makes a buzzing electrical type of sound and the fuel pump makes noise similar to the one that does run. The one that does run does not make the hissing buzzing noise. Having two jet skis makes it easier to diagnose as i can swap parts, however i am not sure what to swap or test. Is this a fuel pump issue? fuel injection issue? I have not done any compression tests yet, wondering if it is quicker to swap fuel pumps or just easier to hook up the compression gauge if necessary. And a little background they were sitting for about a year, the steering cable locked on both of them, fixed it took them out in the water to test ran fine for about five minutes and both skis died within about two minutes from each other. Took them back home recharged batteries (brand new), spark plugs were bad, replaced them one started up, but i can't get the other one to start. Thanks for any advice!!

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Sounds like a fuel issue. Start with checking the fuel pressure and compression.
If there is no fuel pressure, and the pump is running, I would suspect a plugged line, filter, or pickup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there, came across this thread and was wondering if you ever solved the problem. I am having the same issue. Rebuilt my 2002 seadoo gtx DI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts