Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I am new to this whole jet ski thing and need to know if a 2002 Honda Aqua Trax F12 (1235cc) would have sufficient power to pull a tuber or skier or am I just wasting my money. Thanks.. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry I am new to this whole jet ski thing and need to know if a 2002 Honda Aqua Trax F12 (1235cc) would have sufficient power to pull a tuber or skier or am I just wasting my money. Thanks.. any advice would be appreciated.
If you didn't buy the ski hold off until you get more info and recommendations.

First things first, you need a 3 seater to tow a tuber legally, is the f12 x a three seater? If so it will tow a tuber fine ( if it is running well), I don't recommend pulling a skier unless they are jr. beginner, then because of the light load and not pulling big G's cutting back and forth for instance like a good slalom skier will pull your ski so hard when making cuts he could pull your transom around and possibly wreck you out.

Now if you didn't buy the Honda consider this parts are very scarce and expensive. Finding a dealer that will work on them is a beg since they are outta the Jet Ski business. Biggest problem that I have seen is the turbo system requires OCD postride maintenance,i.e. Lubing the waste actuator rod after each to prevent failure by sticking leaving the waste not opening or closing propery. Also they got weird expensive spark plugs x 4.

I would recommend Seadoo or Yamaha.:appl:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts