Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, you all read about how i spanked my boss on his gp1200.
now the smart ass went out and bought him a 2002 honda turbo.
but everything ive read seems to say i can still beat him.
they all say that machine tops out @60 in perfect conditions.
and i know mine will go a little better.
but i think his hole shot and 0-60 might be better.
just wonder how much room ill need to catch him.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really don't think he can beat you to be honest. I don't have any personal knowledge of the Honda other than they top out at about 60mph. The thing with racing with 2 boats that are pretty close to equal on top though, is if he beats you out of the hole and in the midrange, it could take quite a while to reel him in. Get a clean start from the dig and never look back!!!
Also, if he does beat you from a dead stop, tell him you also want to race from a "roll-on." :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
top out at 63, half a second after he floors it the turbo kicks in. If you top out around 60 he will have you.

I had a friend who thought he was the Shit cuz his ski had "so much pickup" but then the turbo showed him whats up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ThaJeffski said:
top out at 63, half a second after he floors it the turbo kicks in. If you top out around 60 he will have you.

I had a friend who thought he was the Shit cuz his ski had "so much pickup" but then the turbo showed him whats up.
If it's a 2002 Honda Turbo, than it's an F-12X. It tops out at 59.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i lost.
just as i thought his hole shot and midrange were slightly stronger. enough to make about a 3 boat difference.
i was gaining on him slowly at the top end, but there wasnt enough room to cover the gap.
so quarter mile or less the honda has it.
but the polaris is slightly faster top end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts