Personal Water Craft Forum banner

2002 Seadoo RXDI dies

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Budman 
#1 ·
My brother in law just bought a 2002 Seadoo RXDI with 29 hours on the clock. It starts fine and idles great. When I accelerate it has great power for about 5-10 seconds. Then a beep sound and it goes completely dead. The digital dash even goes off. Then I have to wait about a minute and it starts up. I set the display on temp and tried it. Its not getting hot. The temp is at 70 when it dies. It has fuel injection and I was wondering if it is like a car. Will the computer store trouble codes? It almost seems like the computer is shutting it down. I hope we can figure this out. It is his first PWC. He rode my yamaha GP1200 and loved it. It was a hard decision to buy the ski. It ran fine when he tested it.. Any help would be great.

Budman

#3 ·
We did check the battery connections. Thats interesting because the person he bought it from said that he didn't think the battery was good so he put a different one in after they test rode it. I think we will try a different battery. Thanks for the response.
Any other ideas if this doesn't work?

Budman

#5 ·
He got it back from the seasoo dealer friday. The voltage regulator was burned out. $150.00 for the part and it will take 2 weeks to get it. They did the computer scan for free though. It should be up and running before the snow falls.
Budman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.