Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2002 ultra 150 with 77 hrs on it. I took it out for the first time and it went 36 mph then fell on its face then wouldnt go over 3800 rpms so I put it on the trailer . No warning lights but felt like limp mode. Found the problem torn fuel pump diaphram replaced it with new plugs and new gas runs the same wont go over 3800 rpms. Is it possible to get into limp mode with no warning lights? How do i do a reset? Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Troubleshooting - 2002 ultra 150

I do not know your machine. All my experience is Yamaha. But I can offer some thoughts

A possibility....
I am guessing that you are overheating. Your Thermoswitches and Thermosensors are putting you in the limp mode. Your dashboard warning light and audible alarm is not functioning.
Another possibility....
I am also guessing that because of the low mileage that your fuel injectors may be clogged.
Another possibility....
Verify that ALL of your plugs are firing
Another possibility....
Research the fuel line psi specification and measure the fuel line psi for correctness
Locate the previous owner(s) and find out what is wrong with the machine. They know what is wrong with it, but it may be delicate to get them to own up to it and help you out

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
I would say the carbs are all gunked up and need to be rebuilt. First clue is only doing 36. That ski should be over 60 in the top end. Might check the speedo wheel to see if one of the four knobs is broken off.
Have you verified the cooling system is clear ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just had the carbs cleaned and new fuel pump installed after it went limp with now difference . Im checking the coolant lines out back today

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
Since you just got it, i would do a compression check. Have u chacked all the oil injection lines to make sure they are still plyable and secure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2002 ultra 150 with 77 hrs on it. I took it out for the first time and it went 36 mph then fell on its face then wouldnt go over 3800 rpms so I put it on the trailer . No warning lights but felt like limp mode. Found the problem torn fuel pump diaphram replaced it with new plugs and new gas runs the same wont go over 3800 rpms. Is it possible to get into limp mode with no warning lights? How do i do a reset? Thanks!
Just curious if you ever determined the Limp Mode issue....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts