Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Guys, I could really use some help here. She starts perfectly and idles well, but when the throttle is pressed just a throaty roar from the intake and no revs at all, just carries on idling. I've checked all the things I can, fuel pressure, plugs, leads, coils, injectors getting fuel, etc.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

Nearest Polaris dealer is 200 miles away!

Thanks in advance of any help.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After much messing and eliminating all day today, I think I've narrowed it to 2 potential culprits. The throttle sensor (potentiometer) or the ECU. Can anyone out there suggest how I can test either or both of these? Is it possible to obtain diagnostic software and where is the diagnostic plug?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the resistance across the three pins in the plug on the throttle sensor and they all gave a reading of about 4 - 5 Ohms and the reading didn't change as the sensor was turned? Would this suggest it is not doing it's job? Should I expect the resistance to change as the sensor is turned?

·
Registered
9 Posts
norman said:
Did you ever get this solved? I have the exact problem.
That is a text book symtom of a bad TPS(throttle position sensor)
The TPS was a common problem.If you need any help with a Polaris,go to greenhulk.org. Polaris fuel injection is a bit of a specialty,but there are a couple members with alot of experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts