Personal Water Craft Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No, it will get no where near that temp. Maybe around 140/150deg F. I can lay my hand on my exhaust after a good long ride with no problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No, it will get no where near that temp. Maybe around 140/150deg F. I can lay my hand on my exhaust after a good long ride with no problem.
Hi,
I am replacing the main fuel filter, and I noticed I dont see a fuel water separator on this ski, which I normally see them on a outboard or stern drive. So, is it a good idea to replace that original simple fuel filter with a sierra fuel water separator? Will the separator make the fuel hard to reach the carb? Thanks!

Oh, and more, the pump side of the 3 carb are all pretty clogged, a lot of debre which to me looks like salt gum it up, which I think the engine maybe running lean. Any suggestion on tuning these engine once I put them back?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Not sure how much the motor setup changed from 2000-2002. My 1200 PV stock is the 115g spring which comes with the Mikuni kit. That matched what I took out. I think I verified that with the greenhulk forum search tab.
For the bilge pump, I misunderstanding the "water box" and install the pump right under the drive shaft (near to the oem sephon pump), is it still gonna keep my ski from sinking?(I hope I never gonna use it)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
And I examine the water box which on a SUV it is under the battery, which I have to take out the battery holder and only able to reach the water box compartment from top of the ski. I think it should be really painful to reinstall the pump in that comparment. And on my SUV, the water box compartment and engine compartment are totally open( 2 drain hose as usual, and each side of the "wall" is open as well. I believer on other ski, the side should be close or no side because of the size.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The factory fuel filter is a separator when hung in the factory hanger. Am not familiar with the water separator you describe.
Once you have the return jet out flush the exit. Try cranking ski enough to get fuel to come out out and push out debris. Then reassemble. It's not salt it's corrosion from ethenol fuel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The factory fuel filter is a separator when hung in the factory hanger. Am not familiar with the water separator you describe.
Once you have the return jet out flush the exit. Try cranking ski enough to get fuel to come out out and push out debris. Then reassemble. It's not salt it's corrosion from ethenol fuel.
Hi dave. Thanks for your help through out this forum. You are being very helpful.
I see the original fuel filter was a fuel water separator, but I order the oem parts like 2 weeks ago and still no shipping, i think they must be low on the stock. So i think it would be nice to use a regular marine fuel water separator as other boats use.
So besides the filter part, I was still thinking on the cause of the damage on my engine. When I purchased the boat last year, the previous owner told me that I have to premix the fuel to a 50:1 ratio to ensure the engine have enough lubrication. AS I examine the oil injection system, there are no problem at all, which it should be injecting enough oil into the engine, could the damage cause be too much 2 stroke oil? I noticed the spark plug was pretty fouled by carbon which I only used that plug for under 5 hr.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yes, if your oil injection system is still functioning there is no need to premix fuel at 50/1. This will be severely over oiling the motor resulting in fouled plugs and heavy carbon build up.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts