Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend went out and noticed that the jetski was to fast in idle, when checked RPM's noticed that they were between 1950 to 2050 all the time. I still waiting for my manuals(bought them 3 weeks ago), have not arrived yet, so located the throtlle cable (using a R-12X Manual, same engine) release the safety nut and started to turn the cable, did not increase nor decrease RPM's, any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is a knurled knob on the end of a cable tucked between the throttle body and the side panel to the 'ski that adjusts the Idle. You can remove the left side panel and it is easily visible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you my frriend. I have the Jet Skies in my house at the keys and won't be able to look at that untill the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The stepper motor for your Idle air control can screw up also at times check that also, if your running it salt water make sure its clean and not corrorried also spray some lube in the service port for the throttle. if you need a owners manual email me and i'll send you a copy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your advice :thumbsup:. Finally after 3 weeks I got the manuals. I use the jetskies in salt water (Florida Keys), so next weekend will also take a look at your sugestion too, could not go this past weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts