Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the air cleaner box and noticed the filter was pretty black, didn't smell like oil but I cant imagine it was that dirty.

Anyway,

I'm looking at installing the riva velocity stacks and the riva filter.

YAMAHA FX HO / FX140

Has anyone done this and was the stack installation difficult?

Any pros/cons?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'd definitely be worried about an overfilled oil tank with a black filter..........otherwise, maybe it got wet then mold??? Just don't see them black.

I've helped do one velocity stack on an FX HO and it was not too hard. We did have to relocate the bypass motor valve, which took most of the time, since you had to remove the throttle bodies, drill holes, etc. I'm pretty sure you don't have to do this step on the FX, so the FX should be pretty simple. On the FX, I think all you do is remove the flame arrestors and stick on the stacks and drop in the filter.........your done........maybe 10 minutes..........I could be wrong.

Cons - possibly void the warranty on a new ski (doesn't apply to you), some guys have noticed a little more mid-range hesitation with the velocity stack only on the FX HO..........solved with the addition of the free flow exhaust mod. Probably would not affect the FX at all.

Pros - you may see a small low end performance increase (better hole shot), but don't expect a miracle. I think the RIVA air filter is more resistant to oil and water, plus less restrictive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts