Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new to SeaDoo's (cam from Yami) and I bought a 2003 GTX SC a few weeks ago. It's my wifes ski and she loves it but when ever either of us get on it from a stop it just doesn't come out of the hole very well.

It will get over 60 MPH so I know it's creating the power, but when I am flooring it from a stop it just barely comes to life. It sounds like it is sucking a lot of air and not much water. I checked the intake and the grate is rusty but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Any idea's?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ok I am new to SeaDoo's (cam from Yami) and I bought a 2003 GTX SC a few weeks ago. It's my wifes ski and she loves it but when ever either of us get on it from a stop it just doesn't come out of the hole very well.

It will get over 60 MPH so I know it's creating the power, but when I am flooring it from a stop it just barely comes to life. It sounds like it is sucking a lot of air and not much water. I checked the intake and the grate is rusty but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference. Any idea's?
Does it feel like anything in the drivetrain is slipping or the engine revving high?
My guess is that it is drivetrain related. How many hours are on it?
Has the ceramic wear ring been checked or replaced?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts