Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just took my pwc out for the first time this year and it wont go past 30-35 mph it seems like the turbo wont come on any ideas ? I just had it serviced last year and changed the spark plugs this year but it wont take off like it normally does.

·
Registered
285 Posts
do you have the limit control on? This could be the simple answer. look in your service manual to correct it. someone might of turned in on when they serviced it. Also take off your air cleaner at the turbo and reach in with your finger (engine off) and see if the turbo blades turn freely. Also check to see if your wastegate moves also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The limit control will not allow the bike to run at top speed? What about letting the water and motor to get warm?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thirty MPH is usually about all it will do if the turbo is not turning or the turbo outlet hose is blown off the intercooler. Pull the center air inlet tube off of the turbo, crank it and see it the turbo spins. If it does, check your oil for water due to a cracked exhaust manifold.
There is plenty of Honda info on PWCTODAY.COM in the Honda forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is the wrong thread to be asking questions on but I have a non-turbo r12. What does it mean when u hook the hose up to it and the water doesn't come out warm. I let it run for a few minutes an it never warmed up. I'm sry if this is a dumb question but I am new to all this.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know this is the wrong thread to be asking questions on but I have a non-turbo r12. What does it mean when u hook the hose up to it and the water doesn't come out warm. I let it run for a few minutes an it never warmed up. I'm sry if this is a dumb question but I am new to all this.
There are no dumb questions, that is what education is all about. If you take a piece of wire and poke it into the "Pisser" hole while it is running in the water or on the hose it will probably clear it. They get clogged with gunk from the water or dirt dobbler's nest. Make sure it is always running before and after you turn of the water to the hose to protect your engine from water ingestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The water has a good stream coming out of it but ima try an stick something in there just to make sure nothing is clogging it. The water is supposed to be warm right?

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it is running for over 5 minutes, mine gets quite warm, almost hot enough to burn your skin. Is yours as cold as it comes out of the hose? Is the water from your hose very cold?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't ran it for more than a couple minutes an it was cold just like the water coming out of the hose. Ima try an run it for a little longer this afternoon an see if it gets warm. I went run it the other day an it wouldn't go faster than 45mph an was kinda sluggish. I learned about the limit contol today so ima check that out 2. Thanks for all ur help. If I have any other questions I'll ask tomorrow an maybe u can help me out. Thanks again I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts