Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new here I recently purchased two 2003 Kawasaki STX DI 1100 jet skis I bought them not running my brother is an amazing mechanic he currently works for Catapiller and he has been helping me with the jets skis? Ski #1 will start but the engine light is on so after further investigation we found that it is dumping oil on cylinder 3 spark plug it's covered in oil we have good compression on all cylinders so we are thinking it's the EMM? Ski #2 wouldn't start only crank also has good compression after he checked somethings he swapped the computer out of ski #1 into SKI #2 and it started but then we had oil all over cylinder 3 spark plug same problem when the EMM was in Ski #1 so is there away to clear the computer we unhooked the battery and let it set still same thing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated we are planning on sending both EMMS to Lakeside Tech? My brother is trying to figure out how to run diagnostic on the skis do we have to buy a scan tool software he has his ET scanner for Catapiller does anyone know if we can just get an adapter for it like Jet skis are a new adventure for us so any advice would be great? Thank you so much

·
Registered
16 Posts
The oil pump is driven off the crank, so I don't think a emm could have anything to do with oil, however you maybe not be getting ignition? Was there fuel also? Is there spark?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We didn't have spark on ski 2 so we took EMM out of Ski 1 and it started it then we looked into the cylinder 3 spark plug and it was coved in oil. We sent our EMM'S to Lakeside Tech just got them in today going to put them in tomorrow he said both EMM's had codes and got hot so he remand them. They were bad for sure bad so once get them installed we can see what else they need done because something caused the EMMS to go bad and overheat so we are going to replace new fuel lines and clean and service them and see what we got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts