Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Kawasaki stx-r 1200 I recently rebuilt all 3 carbs new fuel lines fuel filter oil pump lines new spark plugs it runs great cranks right up on the hill with a garden hose I can rev it right up to the limiter but as soon as it’s in the water it won’t rev past 3000 I was riding it and it was fine then just slowly started losing rpm now it won’t go past 3,000 rpm compression is good ski only has 29 hrs on it any ideas

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm haveing the same issue with my 2004 kawasaki stx12f. I put a new fuel pump with filters. I pulled the spark plugs and 2 ot of 4 didnt look right so I changed them all new. Same issue so frustrated. Did you ever figure it out if so can you share thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue on my 2002 STXR and fixed it by cleaning the screens underneath the needle seats in the carburetors. I also had a cylinder that was not firing because there was a piece on top of the plug that was coming loose. Tightened that and make sure you push your spark plug boots as far as they can go on top of your spark plugs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts