Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to jet skis and polaris. I recently purchased a 2003 MSX 140. Here is the problem I am encountering. It is hard to start. It turns over and then finally kicks in. Upon acceleration, it completely cuts out. It is veru intermittent. It may cut out after 3 seconds or 10 minutes?

I am thinking fuel pump or maybe a bad injector? Anybody out there have similar problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK..local dealer says it is most likely the fuel pump. However, they don't have one. Anybody know where I can get one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK..very helpful forum so far...anyway. I changed the fule pump..and guess what...same problem!! Runs great for 1/2 hour....then quits...I can start it and it idles fine...accelerate and it sputters....hesistates and finnally shuts down. But starts up right away....???

Anybody have any ideas.....maybe coil overheating?? stator??

After about 45 min of messing around...she will start and kick in and run normal??? ANy suggestions would be welcome. tks

·
Registered
2 Posts
No Ideas here, did you ask the guy you bought it from? I would think the previous owner might have a clue as to how it handled before and what kind of care they gave it. That could give you a clue as to what needs fixing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts