Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first fuel injected Jet Ski a 2003 Polaris MSX with 7.1 hrs on it. The problem is this I cant get it started without priming it ie pouring some fuel in the throttle body....now after starting it will not throttle but it revs ok and it it is shut off I have to repeat the said process to re-start....Any idias to what might be causing this.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok..since the unit has been parked soooo long has you can imagine 2003 with 7.1 hrs, it seems the injector are stuck.. yeh well that is what I figured, what I did was take them out and put direct current to it I can hear the soleoids activating but the little pin point thing that suppose to push open is not moving.
So I am going to order a set of injectors (expensive) and see what happens will keep posted:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK..I took apart the pump and injection system.
Findings;1. The Injectors are not opening. 2. I can feel them pulsing. 3. Fuel filter is like new.
Conclusion; The fuel pump is not delivering adequate pressure to open up the injectors.
I need to perform a pressure test on the pump what should I expect to get (psi)???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pressure tested the pump showed max 35psi....what do you guys think is this adequate or should I concider replaceing the pump'
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 04 MSX 140 and this morning, it simply doesnt start... TIC sound... Check battery and sparks, they are fine... Anyone has an idea where to start?

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check battery terminal for corrosion...clean it up and try jumper start. If all else fail it might be the starter or a blown fuse.
Mine is a alot more complex it seems as if somebody..I purchased the ski from messed it up properly, first I found the computer had a fault had that corrected and now I find out one of my injectors has a hole in the diaphram so I ordered one..hope when it gets here I can finally get a ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I finally reached somewhere with my ski. Computer power head was damaged and a faulty injector;)
Had those replaced only to meat on another issue I will have to programme the new injector to work in that position with a disc I got with the injector. I don't have a comm cable to do this so now I am stuck..where can I get this cable and a part# :dunno: Please help:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys anyhelp here...pleaseeeee. Its the cable to use for communication between the ski computer and my lap top if it is even a picture of it I might can find a similar type in a computer shop or supn help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep...thats the first thing I would do from the bike starting to give problem, but unfortunatly there isn't a shop where I am at that deals with polaris, I have the bike in Jamaica and to take it back to the States to have it dealt with is too costly. So u see the situation I am in!!!what to do??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts