Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked the 03 Virage up to mess with, as it wasn't running from PO. This my 1st jet ski and after looking inside kinda lost. When I got home battery was @5 volts. No water so charged overnight and got up to 12 volts.
Went to try and start nothing so checked fuses 1 blown replaced now gauge lites up , no start just a click. Noticed the connector to the solenoid was lose but it just turns won't tighten.
Could that be the problem?

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Check the voltage when trying to start it. Needs to be better than 10.5-11 when you hit the button. Is it a single click, or rapid clicking ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1click and like I said one of the connections on solenoid is loose and just spins when trying to tighten

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
It may be cross threaded. Try removing it with the cable, secure the relay to a bench, put a wrench on it, and hit the wrench with a hammer or something. The fast shock may loosen it. If not your going to have to cut the nut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the solenoid, battery cutoff and buttons on handle bar and got it to fire and ran just a bit. Question is now why is the Forward / Reverse lever so hard to move. It seems to be binding up. Where to check??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts