Personal Water Craft Forum banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Not sure I understand all of your question.
But thereticaly you can reuse the head gasket if sprayed on both sides with copper coat gasket spray if it's the metal head gasket. But new is always best. Not worth the change in my opinion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Its a new gasket from the top end kit. I had the motor back together, never turned over, before I had to tear it down again. Is it safe to use the "new" gasket even though I had already torqued the head down once? I think is my question.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As stated you can spray it with copper coat. If I we're going to use again I'd coat it well with copper coat. But it's still a risk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Not taking the risk, buying a new one. I wasn't sure what deemed the gasket unusable, just the torquing or actually running the motor, it makes sense just torquing the gasket "ruins" it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Machine shop was able to get a helicoil in the trouble jug. New gasket set and some extra valve seals have arrived, impeller upgrade will be on hold for later in summer. Working on the ride plate brackets right now, pics to come.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
One side down, feels strong, still need to slop some JB on it and maybe cut the screw shaft off. Fake flex seal was on sale so I grabbed a can, going to cover the brackets after cleaning up JB. Credit goes to OsideBill for the idea. Screws are m4x20mm w/ m4 nuts, flat aluminum bar 1/8" x 3/4" x 48" cut to 13.6 cm and corners sanded to fit.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts