Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought the ski and all looks great but it's been sitting for 3 yrs. Bought a new battery but haven't tried to start it yet because I want to make sure that I do what's necessary to keep it from getting damaged once I start it up. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulled the plugs, they looked fine and added about 1/2 teaspoon of 2 Cycle Oil and 1/2 teaspoon of Seafoam into the cylinders. I don't have anything to check compression with. May have to take it into a shop for that. I threw the rest of the Seafoam into the gas tank to help get some of the moisture out. I'm hoping this will also clean out the carbs. I hit the start button a few times and it cranks. I then hit the throttle a couple of times and it almost started up. Took some time for the gas to get to the carbs I guess. I'm going to plug in a waterhose and then try again since it seems like it's going to start. I noticed it only has 54 hours on it and it was stored in a dry garage so I'm hoping everything else is fine. Picked it up for $1500 w/ trailer and it looks like new. Thanks for the help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts