Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a 2004 Aquatraxx F-12X with less than 200hrs on it, a MacsBoost Intercooler and module and Solas impeller (I think it has an aftermarket intake grate as well). I know the people that have been using it and know it's been meticulously cared for, and has had very few problems. Two MAP sensors, wastegate control solenoid and routine stuff like spark plugs. What would be a fair price for it?

Is it possible to replace the cluster in the 04 with a 2005 GPScape cluster, or will the ECM freak? If the only problem would be the ECM, I would imagine it would be possible to swap the 04 ECM & cluster for the 05 counterparts.

What other mods could be done to improve it? Would a F-15x powerplant physically fit in the hull?

Is the ECM similar to (or the same as) one that would be found with the same or similar engine in a Honda car? Reason I ask is would it be possible to add a OBD2 DLC to be able to read realtime data like you would a car for diagnostics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any input on at least a fair price for the ski alone? I've done a little research, and according to NADA, the value of the ski alone is between $3,395 & $3,820. Add in the fact that it has a Macsboost Stage 2 kit (I think... I know it has the IC, boost module and Solas impeller so I'd assume it's the stage 2 kit), and I'd guess that $4,000-$4,250 would probably be reasonable. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Perhaps

I'm new to the Honda myself, but after searching for a used before I bought a new one, try offering $4k, worst they can do is counter the offer but they might accept.

The macboost mod does really work, but in allowing the engine to build 19psi instead of 13psi - does this wear the engine faster? I'm sure there's great debate on that - maybe do a compression check on it and reference dealer specs before making the deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Understanding

does that mac boost thing adjust for fuel when it adds the boost? is it just a plug and play?
My understanding of the module is that it essentially attenuates the signal of your manifold pressure sensor; It tells the ECM you have less boost than you actually do, thus allowing the waste-gate not to open until a higher manifold pressure is reached. This does result in higher power output and all other fuel management features remain enabled. Since Honda is notorious for down rating motors, the long term added wear is likely minimal.

Since I love to beat on my F-12X all day everyday and typically burn 10-15 gallons a day I chose not to add it - I'm blowing through enough fuel as it is!

This forum seems REALLY quiet, but perhaps someone else will chime in here as well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
What is the performance increase?

Just curious, what is the HP and top speed with the Macboost. I run seadoos with mods and am currently at 295 HP and 76 mph with my 2006 Rxt with the Riva Stage III kit. My 2009 RXT-iS is getting the new RIVA module to kill the GPS speed limiter, should run 73 mph when installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts