Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

I am looking at a 2004 FX HO with 250 hours. This is my first run at a 4 stroke, currently have a STX 1100. If properly maintained, how many hours should you get out of the engine. 250 seems like a lot. Anything specific to watch out for if I go look at the ski?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
On another fourm some guy posted over 5000 hours on some 4 stroke Yamaha skis that he uses for rentals......still going strong. I'm not sure what the record is, but I've seen lots of posts with skis over 500 hours and doing fine. On a 2 stroke ski 250 would be a lot of hours..........nearing some type of rebuild in a lot of engines, but it is not that many for a 4 stroke, if the ski has been well maintained.

The 04 FX HO had a recall on an issue with the way the wiring harness was secured inside the ski. If that ski has been back to a dealer in the past 5-6 years, it has already been fixed. If not, you can take it to any dealer and get it fixed for free even if you are not the original owner.

The FX HO is a good ski, I know of no other issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info... The ski I was interested in sold before I could get there. back to shopping for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts