Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen. My name is Karl and I am new to this forum. I'm an automobile mechanic but know nothing about Jetskis. I recently bought a 2004 FX1100. It runs flawlessly. The previous owner told me that the battery goes dead after a while but I just realized that it is not charging. He probably knew but it's my problem now. I was wondering if any of the experts on this forum could assist me with a diagnostic procedure.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Karl Troy

Charleston,SC

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
With the engine running you can press the Start/RPM and Volt/Hour buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds to see if you get an error code on the digital display. That may or may not give you a clue. If you see a code let me know and I can look it up. Error code 19 means incorrect battery voltage, so that may be all you get, and will not help.

First step after you are sure you have a good battery would be to check all leads and make sure everything is tight with no corrosion. The service manual then recommends checking the following: Fuses, Lighting Coil, and the Rectifier/regulator. The rectifier/regulator (located on the end of the electrical box) would be the most likely culprit if you have ruled out a poor connection, or bad battery or fuse. Rectifier/regulator output voltage should be 15v.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest. Thank you for your reply. I found the problem. I. checked voltage from the coil and had plenty. I then found and checked the rectifier and it had one of it's pins corroded off. I doubt I'll find one of those on a Sunday.
Thanks again for the prompt reply.
Karl
European Road & Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts