Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FXHO that I bought new in 05 that I'm having a problem with. Took it out this weekend and the temp warning beeped at me when cutting up in water. I checked and there was no water coming from the water pump exits on either side of PWC, just air spurting out. I checked the intake and it was clear, I then removed thermostat and tried again, still no water. I blew into all the lines and they are clear, is there a water pump on these and if so where? Any info on problem would be great, thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Clog!

The so called water pump is in the jet pump itself.

Rivamotorsports.com's Yamaha PWC Parts Finder

Select your year, model, go to propulsion external, Parts 15 and 16 is the pump strainer, this is where it sucks the water in to cool the machine. 4 ten mm bolts hold it on. Take it apart and check it if it is full of mud or sand. Look at the riva site schematics to follow the cooling system.

Check all of the lines. You are!!, clogged somewhere. Do not!!!! I repeat DO NOT run the machine again until this is found out one way or another.

The fact that you are not getting your cooling spouts from the side is a DIRECT INDICATION OF A CLOG IN THE SYSTEM. Get back to me!

:thumbsup::appl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts