Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 04 F12X with 338 hours on it. My problem is when I am crusing at 6000 RPM, just as soon as it reaches 54 MPH the engine shuts down and the warning light comes on with an FI symbol on the display. I shut it down for a few minuets and it starts up and runs strong and only has the problem at 54 MPH. any ideas.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There is a very good chance your alarm is "Overboost" and can be a sticking wastegate or a leak in the boost control tubing where it leaves the turbo's outlet. There are sticky's on two of the other forums that explain how to pull and read the malfunction codes on PWCTODAY.com [Honda] and Green Hulk's Honda froums. Be sure to use a flashlight and mirror to check/lubricate your wastegate system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JR you are the man. The wastegate was stuck big time. After removing some parts I was able to get to the valve and use some "Blaster" for a good soaking and some love taps with a small hammer to free it up. I soaked it with some Hilco lube and worked it back and forth by hand until it was good and loose. Put it back togather and a little moon lite run on the lake proved that you are the MAN. Many thanks to you and this great fourm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jr its seems like you know your stuff... how about this one my 2006 12f kawasaki has a problem, when I am at full throttle (57-60mph). the slo (safe learning opperation)mode kicks in and it slows down to 40mph for about 10-15 sec. then speeds back up for 1-2 minutes... then back down

·
Registered
236 Posts
jr its seems like you know your stuff... how about this one my 2006 12f kawasaki has a problem, when I am at full throttle (57-60mph). the slo (safe learning opperation)mode kicks in and it slows down to 40mph for about 10-15 sec. then speeds back up for 1-2 minutes... then back down
We have had problem with both of our 15Fs showing overtemps when run hard. We are not sure they are true overheats but might be the ECUs overheating like is appartently hapening on our Hondas. Are you sure it is going into the SLO or could it be the ECU pulling back timing or ignition due to overtemp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts