Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Aquatrax R-12X
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a new to me Aquatrax for free today, needs a whole engine though. I was told it got sunk many years ago and it’s sat ever since. Engine is completely toast I’m guessing just based on the corrosion and everything on the outside that I can see so far, valve covers been left off all these years as well. Not sure when it was sunk but last registration sticker on it is 2013. Where’s some of the best place to get parts from? Preferably kinda cheap as I just want to get it running before dumping a ton of money into it. Also how’s the aftermarket support for these? In the future once I’ve got it running I’d really love to pull more power out of it. I am very mechanically inclined so I have no problem building the engine myself however this is going to be the first jetski I’ve pulled an engine from, can anyone give me an idea of what I’m getting into here? I’ve built plenty of small block Chevy V8s and an absurd amount of single cylinder dirt bikes motors and also used to be a mechanic but I have very limited experience working on jet skis and absolutely zero experience with Honda jet skis So any and all recommendations and advice are appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Plenty of engines and parts on ebay as well. I would go through ski to see what is salvageable, then make a list of all the parts you need, check availability and cost before buying anything. If not in budget or more than you want to deal with, sell it for parts, or take the time to part out yourself through ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts