Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wha wha wha what?
I just bought 2 of these used.about 40hrs on em, and took em ut this weekend.Now I've ridden a Kawi 12f and the thing pulled straight and hard out of the hole with no cavitation at all.So the first thing I noticed about the Hondas was the terrible hole shot they both have.You can spin these things on a dime but they cant dig themselves out of the hole without all this stuttering and prop cavitation.....really sucks.So my question is:will a prop change cure this? Or is it a ride plate and prop change? Anybody out there done it and had any success. I read 3 posts regarding this but no replies as to the results..something about a Solas 1411 I believe.
Lemee know if this has worked for you. Other than that complaint, the Hondas work beautifully....smooth, nimble and pretty fast,fairly stable.Love the throttle response from around 3000rpm. Pulls really nice through the rest of the rpm range.Both skis top out around 64-65.(factory pin wheel reading) but thats fine for my old a$$.:p
Had a great time and enjoyed the last of the summer at the river.:)
Lemmee know if the Solas prop change worked for you...I hear Santa's comin' to town. :)
cya!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes run into the same problem with my, I cut out 2 of the rails on the intake grate and really seemed to help it out. But have heard that new prop will help also. Good Luck let me know what works for ya. Just hate to spend $$$ on new prop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts