Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as per the maint manual i just replaced an intermittently working buzzer, but i want to try to overhaul the old one for a backup, has anyone out there done this?? here is what was wrong : when hooked up to a 12v batt, it just made a clicking contact noise until you smacked it and then it would beep normal for a few tries, then back to clicking again, etc...it looks like it is all factory sealed up and no easy way inside to the gizzards to take a look see??? thanx

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sounds like it would be fairly simple to fix if you can get to it. All of Yamaha's displays are factory sealed, so you would have to cut it open, then then reseal it, but if you screw something up a new display could be expensive. I don't know of anybody that has done it, but I think it should be possible. If its just the buzzer, and everything else is OK, I think I'd leave it alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the display is fine and working....it was just the buzzer which is a seperate part located forward of the steering console and display...but thanx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beeper issues after 2.5 hours

2007 FX Delux runs perfect for 2.5 hours and the beeper says back to the crock infested beach. Altanator checks out, fuel oil and everything looks good,12.1 - 12.4 volts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts