Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello: got myself in a little trouble with this ski, I bought with the problems thinking I could fix it but it was not what I thought it was. Problem: ski will run on all 4 as long as it does not go above 5200 RPM, the thing that have been done has been new fuel pump, filter, and fuel lines, no help, new coils no help, I have metered all the inputs to ECM and they appear to be normal. Oil is good, new oil and filter. According to old owner he install a new wiring harness, but I think it was used but was done, old owner told me this just came on no warning, one day working fine next wouldn't go above 5200 RPM, any help would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
This could be a tough one for me personally. Have you verified the oil level at operating temp (after about 5 min of easy riding) ? Open the air box and look for oil. I believe there is a sealed tube that comes off the air box also. Check and make sure it is empty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does it go past 5200 rpm and then just runs on three cylinders or won't go over 5200 rpm at all ? Have you tried a tune ? The only things that can stop a motor from reving is Air/Fuel/Electrics, is the ribbon in the air intake half blocked with carbon or rubbish ?
What does the compression test say for each cylinder, have you checked spark plugs to see if they stay clean or are they dirty after running are three dirty and one clean or three clean and one dirty ?

Are the fuel injectors all working. Is it the same cylinder that doesn't run or do all 4 cylinders start to break down ? If one or two fuel injectors are not working at higher revs that could cause the problem as well.
When you get to 5200 does it just die or still rev faster but like it has no power, is your accelerator working correctly ? My Ski has a wireless accelerator, have you checked you are getting full movements ?
Personally I would spend the $300 on a service and ask the experts that work on them every day :) it will save you a lot of time and money long term as you could just keep spending more money on the wrong things.
My thought is either ribbon is chocked or Fuel injector/s.
Good luck and I hope you get it working :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts