Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deals are out there for these two machines. I think I am different from most riders in that I live on a 1200 acre lake (no place to explore), have an inboard boat (it does the pulling of tubes/wakeboarders, etc) and am really on looking for a PWC for two things:

1. Something for guests -- who are uncomfortabe taking the big boats out -- to have some fun with; and

2. Something for me to jump the wake of the inboard boat.

While i'd like to catch the other guys on the lake shooting around on their PWCs i don't think i'll be too sad if I cannot do so.

I need to buy 2 for this to make sense.

So, to the experts with experience, what do i buy? an '05 or '06 (both are new in crate from dealer) an F-12 or F-12x?

To give you and idea of the price differences:

I can get 2 '05 F-12s w/ covers and trailer for $16,566.90 out the door (new from dealer).

I can get 2 '06 F-12x s w/ covers and trailer for $19,599.00 out the door (new from dealer).

Right now, hard to swallow that the 1 year and turbo are worth $3k for my use.

Thanks in advance for your time/thoughts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the PWC thing but have had boats all my life. I just bought two 06 F-12's out of the crate for $6400 a piece in Forrest City Arkansas. I live in Baton Rouge, LA and had to drive 6 hours to get there but it was worth it for the price. I decided on the non turbos because i have a 13 and 8 year old and I am 43 and my wife 42. 60 is fast enough for me on the water and the non turbo supposedly has better hole shot performance according to posts. I am very satisfied with the performance so far. I found many 06 turbo models available at Forrest City Honda (Arkansas) and Brookhaven Honda (Mississippi) for around $6900 a piece new out of crate. I think you can get a better price that you quoted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts