Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 05 r12x and took it out for the first time after being winterized and it either bogs or the engine dies at higher rpm (about 4000rpm or 40mph). I can still blip the throttle with high rpm and its fine but if i hold it it bogs or dies. Also on the way back i was idling and it all of a sudden cut the engine and flashed warning and FI. Anyone know whats going on? Also i did pull it out and it still fires and runs without the code (worried about it happening again)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Intermittent fuel pump failure perhaps, hence "FI". Should be able to duplicate by unplugging fuel pump connector, connect lanyard and within seconds the same alarm should sound and show that message on panel. New fuel pump should repair.

Once confirmed, please respond with your findings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an 05 r12x and took it out for the first time after being winterized and it either bogs or the engine dies at higher rpm (about 4000rpm or 40mph). I can still blip the throttle with high rpm and its fine but if i hold it it bogs or dies. Also on the way back i was idling and it all of a sudden cut the engine and flashed warning and FI. Anyone know whats going on? Also i did pull it out and it still fires and runs without the code (worried about it happening again)
You have the infamous knock sensor code. however its not the knock sensor, but a factory defect in the on board computer. Purchasing a new computer module wont fix the problem, it will resurface in time. I had this happen to both my hondas. I sent my computer to a guy who fixes the issue. Been running great since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts