Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 of these, have been reliable so far. They have been sitting several years due to Hurricanes, floods, and medical issues, but were winterized. Last year one started missing at low rpms. No FI light. Put in new NGK Iridiums (every year as well), and the last time out it seemed to clear up. Hoped it was the fresh gas that made that happen. Any way, ran them 3-4 hours and seemed ok, both hitting 64 mph and idling ok.
Went to take them out today and that one was missing again (on the water hose), so this time I swapped all the coils with the other ski. The one that ran ok still ran ok, and the other one kinda? seemed better. I increased the idle speed a little too. I'm going to try to do a compression test and see where it 's at. I'm not wanting to tear into it, and the dealer (east side of Houston) that did the gas tank recall left screws out, who knows what else etc. Although it ran ok after they butchered it. So, anyone in this area that knows their stuff?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Compression test-118-120 psi across the board on both skis, manual calls for 170? I'll chalk that up to my Harbor Freight gauge I guess. There is no way they would hit 64 mph if they were really down 50 psi, which they do. What's interesting is the plug condition. All new plugs before last 3 hour outing. Fresh premium gas in and they were almost out. The good plugs were in the good running ski, the other set fouled #1 (front), and they don't look great overall. I put some Lucas fuel cleaner in for tomorrow. Open to suggestions.......

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took them out today for most of the day. I didn't have new plugs so I put some in that looked better and it ran mostly ok. Still missed sometimes at all speeds, hit 62 mph. Never let me down tho. I don't think this is not going to be a technical issue like a sensor. More like a bad connection, loose or damaged hose, etc. Gonna be tough to find I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts