Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 FX cruiser I change the plugs/oil in it every year. this year while i was at idle it shut off and was very difficult getting started back and keeping running. I thought it may have been bad gas even though i do winterize them every year Stabil/fog/antifreeze. got it out of the water put in new plugs again pumped out gas pur in new gas with injector cleaner. It seems to run okay cold but the hotter it gets the worse it runs. Taking off it spits sputters and will die if you dont keep pumping the throttle once it gets up on plane it runs great. I rode until i burned about a 1/4 tank and figured if it was clogged injectors they should be flushed out by now. That was not the case. I am at a loss now I dont think it is gas, but maybe something electrical.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Could be a bad injector. They have a little screen in them that can catch debris that injector cleaner cannot remove. They can also go bad electrically. I think they are fairly easy to check with a multimeter, but I think you have to remove the throttle body and fuel rail to get to them. I can check the service manual tonight when I get home. There are other possibilities, but I'd consider pulling the fuel injectors and looking at them first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you that is good info I will check them. Probably will be next week being as i have to work the weekend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts