1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 FX HO cruiser

42.00 hours

was running great last weekedn
In truth.. battery could be getting weak.. it went dead today while trying to get it start with only a few seconds of cranking.

the boat did start.. but ran poorly.. and only for about 40 seconds.. then would not start and ran dead very quickly.

put charger on battery.. also filled with battery with water.. it took a lot of water.

does this sound like a battery issue??? how sensitive are these things to battery?

many, many thanks.. big day on the water tomorrow here in Michigan.. Jobbie Nooner!!

ALSO... HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE THE SECURITY SYSTEM ACTIVATED?? WILL THE BOAT.. NOT CRANK.. OR CRANK BUT NOT START????

thanks, greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just went out and checked/listened carefully.. should this machine make a "sound" like a pump for a second or two when I put the tether on?? MINE DOES NOT

ALSO.. DOES THE SECURITY MODE LET THE SKI CRANK AND NOT FIRE... OR NOT CRANK AT ALL????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well I would start with a new battery since you don't want it going dead on the water. Also, it might not be providing enough power to create a decent spark or run the fuel pump. You should only hear the bilge pump run for about 15 seconds after you try to start, not when the tether is put on. Another thing to check would be the air cleaner and plugs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much

I went to Jet Crafts unlimited in New Baltimore mich.. who I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.. they said try plugs.. so I did.. it runs wonderfully.

I would have never guessed that 4 strokes were as 'plug sensitive" as two strokes

THANKS TO ALL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts