Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lent my friend the jet ski to take him and his son for a ride. I got the call that the Jet Ski had a bad vibration and would not go over 5 MPH. I used my wife jet ski to tow him in. I put the ski on the trailer and removed the intake grate (underneath) I found a rock stuck between the impeller blades and the wear ring in pretty bad shape. I put in back in the water and it ran without a vibration but top speed was only 45-50 MPH. This is the 215 HP with the turbo and it just doesn't sound right. Has anyone changed a wear ring and impeller and how hard is it.
Oh by the way I found out later he beached the craft and restarted it in less than 2 feet of water. Any help would be appericated.

Art

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Clymer shop manual will show you how to do it but you may need some special tools. Never done it myself but it can't be that bad. Sorry to hear about the rocks. Hope your buddy's ponying up some bread to help you out!

The manual is $40 bucks it will help you make the decision whether you want to do it or pay someone to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts