Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 2006 VX 110 deluxes, one has 100 hours, the other 200. The one with 200 hours idles too high and uses twice the fuel as the other one. I have checked just about all I can check(I have the yamaha diagnostic cable and program). Its not throwing any codes, every sensor I have checked has tested fine. When I bought them they had WAY too much oil(typical from what I have read) and I pulled almost 4 extra quarts out between the two of them(I havent tried them out yet but I hope this fixes the top speed issue, they were stuck at 42/43mph) but I cant for the life of me figure out the high idle. I have not done a compression test yet or changed the plugs but I did pull them they looked good(nice golden brown, no damage, no pitting).

Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured mine out(at least the high idle), some idiot had pulled the throttle body at some point and decided gaskets are overrated and didnt put one back on. I grabbed a cheap $2 O-ring, shaved it down a bit so it would fit in the groove and now it runs fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I figured mine out(at least the high idle), some idiot had pulled the throttle body at some point and decided gaskets are overrated and didnt put one back on. I grabbed a cheap $2 O-ring, shaved it down a bit so it would fit in the groove and now it runs fine.
You just saved me sooo much time. Thank you. In this case, I was the idiot :) but i found the gasket and its running like a champ now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts