Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 vx1100 that shakes when i go over 5mph. this problem occurs intermitently. sometimes if i turn the ski off and restart the problem goes away. the last 3 times atthe lake i have had this problem. im not too sure what to do or look into.

·
Registered
323 Posts
does the engine run properly other than the vibration. Will it still perform properly. Change the spark plugs, i reckon its dropping a cylinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine seems to run good for the most part. last weekend we were at the lake 5 hours or so. it ran perfect all day until we decided to go home. at that point anything over idle the ski would shudder real bad and get real loud. the ski has done this before but its too sporadic to put my finger on whats going on with it. i cant get the ski to repeat the problem. the only other problem with the ski is sometimes the dash electronics dont register. maybe this is related?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i changed the plugs at the start of the season. but i just remembered that when i bought the replacement plugs the guy at the auto store sold me plugs that were 1 number "cooler" than the oem specs required. since they didnt have the right ones in stock. he said it didnt matter. is that the problem? im going to replace the plugs and filter this weekend. ill get back to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the air filter looks fine. spark plugs look fine. there appears to be oil in the cylinders and water in the oil tank. what does this mean?

·
Registered
323 Posts
water in the dry sump hey. well something has let go somewhere. Probably the water jacket right under the engine. Im affraid its engine out and apart. Take to a shop. Could be many things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a quick update so if anybody has a simular problem they may learn from my mistake... the water in the oil is totally gone. i flushed out the oil and changed the oil and filter. the water has not reappeared. maybe i had a loose oil cap that let the water in? I also found out that one of my sparkplug coils was bad. i was running rough because i was only running on 3 cylinders. the shakes are still there. but they seemed to move up to the 6000 rpm mark. i havent figured that out why yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts