Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an apparent good buy on a 2007 FX Cruiser HO. What should I look out for 'gotchas' when buying a used one from an individual?

Are there any specific concerns/ problems with this model?

I just don't want to make a rookie purchase mistake :dunno:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Only problem I know of with the 06-08 FX HOs is there is a potential for the hose clamps to come loose. Yamaha has not issued a recall, but something they call a "Code 90". If you take it to a dealer they can run the HIN and determine if the ski needs a hose/clamp upgrade. Its free, even if you are not the original owner.

Other than that, the FX HOs are a reliable, fairly easy to maintain ski, and will give you a great ride.

I think the biggest issues are to make sure it has been maintained, number of hours, and amount of salt water use (look for signs of corrosion).

Take if for a test ride, and if it does well in the water, you can be pretty sure you have a good ski. Running it on a hose will not tell you whether the pump system is OK or not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Earnest T. That is the kind of advice I was looking for.

Only problem I know of with the 06-08 FX HOs is there is a potential for the hose clamps to come loose. Yamaha has not issued a recall, but something they call a "Code 90". If you take it to a dealer they can run the HIN and determine if the ski needs a hose/clamp upgrade. Its free, even if you are not the original owner.

Other than that, the FX HOs are a reliable, fairly easy to maintain ski, and will give you a great ride.

I think the biggest issues are to make sure it has been maintained, number of hours, and amount of salt water use (look for signs of corrosion).

Take if for a test ride, and if it does well in the water, you can be pretty sure you have a good ski. Running it on a hose will not tell you whether the pump system is OK or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts