Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PWC Forum Members:

Have a 2007 FX HO that is leaking oil from an undisclosed location. Oil is building in the hull and will actually be pumped out of the bilge and exit down the transom when level is high enough to activate bilge. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this with a MR-1 motor? Ski has 65 hours (yeah, my thoughts exactly!) and is babied for the most part. Run in salt and fresh water. Just serviced from local Yamaha dealership and they say there is nothing wrong with it and could not locate a leak. Service included full tune and lube. Last year ski was modified with a Solas Impeller and was installed by Yamaha dealer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Very rare problem on the FX model. The only oil leak I've heard of on this machine is from a rusted/corroded or improperly installed oil filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ernest. I'll follow-up and let you know what I find. My research has also suggested that the only problem people have faced with these MR-1 motors is a bad oil filter.

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not the oil filter. Bummer. New one in place and oil is still leaking. Going back to the Yamaha dealer on Monday/Tuesday. I'll let you know the outcome. Other ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oil Leak

Hidalgo, did you ever figure out the oil leak problem? I bought a 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO a few days ago and took it out yesterday and it ran amazing. Got home flushed it all out then picked up the trailer to tilt it and let the water drain out the plugs. I stood there holding it for a few mins cause i could hear water coming out, then I went back there to see how much and found that a lot of oil was in with the water. The ski had been sitting in a backyard uncovered for months before i purchased it so i was hoping it was just a puddle of oil from sitting. Went out there this morning and it looks like maybe a little more oil has built up over night. I really hope nothing is seriously wrong with it! I don't know much about jet ski engines aside from battery and spark plug replacing. Any help would be appreciated! The front part of the engine under the big seat is bone dry, its only the back part under the smaller seat that is getting oil

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am dealing with the same problem, I think the oil is left from the dealer removing the filter and not cleaning up, also that if a FX sits up too long the oil will completely settle in the block thus dropping the oil level in oil tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts