Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 GP1300R's, 2006 and 2007.* I had to replace the 2006 battery this year.* While riding the 2007 this weekend it just died while riding.* No warning sensors went off.* Had been riding it for 2 hours stopped at the beach for 15 minutes, started it up again and rode for about 15 minutes and it just killed.* It just clicks when you try to start it.* I had the battery checked and it is good.* Any suggestions before I pay $$$ to get it looked at?* I had both of them winterized this past winter.Also, what is everyone's opinion on taking the battery out and keeping it charged during the winter?* Do you suggest a trickle charger or a fully regulated automatic charger?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Have you checked to see if the engine is getting fuel? If it does not have fuel, spark or air, it won't run. Check your fuel and then your spark first and see if those lead you anywhere.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Take the spark plugs out and see if it cranks over. If it just died then it might be serious. I'd take the battery out and keep it in a cool spot with a low amp automatic charger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts