Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, this is my first post on this website. I am a new-B to the whole PWC hobby and had a question about the machine listed in the title of this post. I am looking to purchase my first PWC and being a Honda man, I found this machine brand new for $6500. Are these good machines for that price? Anything I should consider before making this purchase? I am not looking to race this machine, I am just looking for something to get me around and look good doing it :D
Anything I should consider between the turbo and non turbo models? Maintenance factors?
Thanks and I look forward to chatting with many of you. I am stoked about making this purchase, but wanted to get some input first...

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a new 2007 Honda AquaTrax F-12x for just over what you paid ($6800). Came with a cover and was originally $11000 so it seemed like a pretty good deal. I got the orange one and it looks really nice in person. I don't know much about PWCs but hopefully we made a good choice.

I just registered and was going to make a post about it with some questions also. Did you get the maintenance package? I believe it was around $1300 for 3 years. Was going to do some research to see how much maintenance costs usually for a brand new pwc to see if we needed it or not. Was leaning towards not getting it. It included winterization, oil changes, repairs, etc.

They will drop the pwc off at our lake nearby, but we probably will need to get a trailer also. Any other advice regard this model or tips after buying a new PWC?

Got this one:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just bought a new 2007 Honda AquaTrax F-12x for just over what you paid ($6800). Came with a cover and was originally $11000 so it seemed like a pretty good deal. I got the orange one and it looks really nice in person. I don't know much about PWCs but hopefully we made a good choice.

I just registered and was going to make a post about it with some questions also. Did you get the maintenance package? I believe it was around $1300 for 3 years. Was going to do some research to see how much maintenance costs usually for a brand new pwc to see if we needed it or not. Was leaning towards not getting it. It included winterization, oil changes, repairs, etc.

They will drop the pwc off at our lake nearby, but we probably will need to get a trailer also. Any other advice regard this model or tips after buying a new PWC?

Got this one:

Seems as though we are in the same seat as I am a rookie with these PWC. I am actually looking at the orange Honda as well :D I looked at Yamaha and Sea Doo units this past weekend, but the $6500 price tag for the Honda kept popping up in my head. Like I mentioned, I am a Honda man as I drive a Honda Pilot, my wife drives a Honda CRV, my push mower is a Honda (even though I hardly use it as I have a John Deere zeroturn mower) and I even managed to talk my anti- import brother into getting a Honda Oddyssey.
I am working on getting an appointment to get my hitch installed and trying to find a nice used PWC trailer as I really don't want to drop $800 for a brand new one. Other than that I have the wifey pooh 90% on board to getting the Honda. I guess one thing that i need to figure out is where I will store the trailer while the PWC is in the water (I will probably leave it in the water as we have a dock at our condo).
One other question is about security. How easy is it to rip off a PWC? Does the Honda have any anti theft (or anti- in-law) equipment? :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honda f-12x

Hey Lethal and Pilot----I'm new to the forum scene too, but have had PWC's since 1996. My 2 stroke Polaris's crapped out last Summer, ad too expensive to repair so I'm shopping.
I stopped by the Honda dealer here in SC, and he quoted me $7299 for the 2007 (brand new) F-12x GPScape, plus trailer and tax. Total price tag will be close to $8600. I really don't need the GPS, but am not wild about the orange color (they are sold out of the blue). The only other PWC I am looking at is the Kawasaki STX-15F. Comparable in engine, reputable name, and the price for a 2009 is $8100 with trailer.
I like Honda too---my wife drives an Acura, I have a 90hp Honda on my pontoon, and have a Honda pushmower too, so I'm sold on Honda, but for a 2 year older PWC am I payong too much? I don't plan on selling it, so I think I might be worrying too much about the resale value.
My dealer also mentioned the 3 year extended plan for $1200. Not sure I'll do it, but he said the 100 hour service was $900 (??) so it sort of pays for itself. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the Honda F12x and have no complaints, what can you say its a Honda! Biggest thing is running good fuel, and make sure that you Grease the Rear carrier bearing at the back of the ski, it has a grease zert for it, just use it, seems to be the most problems with the ski. Mine has 125hrs on it now and with no problems, I even have the MacsBoost chip on mine. Its not the fastest ski out their but it gets it done pretty good, Pain in the butt changing the oil for a 4stroke but other than that you really can't be it for price or quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a "NEW" 2007 GPScape for $6399.00 in Baton Rouge, La. they also had the 12x for $5999.00 and Non Turbo for $5299.00 and there were no other fees that was out the door unless you had to pay Louisiana sales tax if resident. The watercraft runs great and seems it will be a good all around watercraft.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first posting as well. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a new 2007 F12X. The prices seem to all be pretty close to what others are quoting from around the US. I'm sold on Honda products but Have not seen a single Honda PWC on the water here in Minnesota so I'm concerned. Just wondering what current owners have experienced. We have 4 children so the machine will be used for tubing and knee boarding more so than racing etc. Any coments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had my Honda out twice now. Only have 2 hours on it, but I can tell it won't have a problem with tubing, knee-boarding or skiing. Very stable, even powerband, and the tow-hook and mirrors allow for pulling someone solo. I spoke with a friend who just bought a 2010 Yamaha VX Cruiser, spent $3500 more than me, and his only has a 110hp engine. He's not real happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
TWO F-12 turbos

First time buyer two F-12turbos double trailer $15,300 out door thought was good deal 07 models they have some more. Brookhaven Mississippi. 6199 for turbo 6399 for GPS model . Know nothing about jet skis but got 4 kids wish me luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Howdy to all my fellow newbies. Looks like I'm in good company. :)

Just got the orange 2007 F-12x last weekend (zero hours, about $8200 w/ trailer) and took it out Saturday. Had a blast!

I'd driven the non-turbe F-12 so I wasn't quite prepared when the turbo kicked in. LOL

All in all, seems like a solid machine. Looking forward to going out again next weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have owned this very model (same color too) since 2008. When I bought it I was talking with the dealer mechanic about service intervals and such and asked him how reliable they were. He told me too look at their service lot full of SeaDoos, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Polaris's, ect. No Hondas waiting for service. Nuff said!! It is a very nice, solid and dependable ski. Once a year winterization is the only service (well putting a trickle charger on the battery in the winter too) I have needed. I have 75 hours on it so far. It does tend to bounce a bit in moderatly rough water, which you learn to deal with by varying speed and direction slightly. A fair amount of power, not the fastest ski on the lake, but it will get you there quick enough. I can't outrun a supercharged SkiDoo, but at least I am at the lake everyweekend instead of at the shop! All in all, a very dependable ski and excellent value for the money. Newer models have some good design changes which have solved some of the little annoyances of this model, so if you have the bucks go for a 2011 or 2012. If I stick with a ski instead of a boat that is my plan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One other thing I didn't mention is the relative storeage capacity on this model. It was big consideration for me when I compared with other makes and this one had the most practical and largest stow compartments available at the time. I can pack a bag with two persons towels and supplies, a twelve pack softside cooler, my anchor, jet ski dock bumpers, my mooring ropes, and my collapsable spring floats in the front compartment with no problem. Makes for a great little self contained day long water vacation! It's funny to watch the boaters we anchor near in the party coves when we start unpacking and get all set up for our day on the water. Folks can't believe all the stuff we pull out of her!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Unfortunately there will not be any 2011-12 models as Honda stopped producing skis in 2009. They sold 2009 models in 2010 and that was it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are absolutely correct, my apologies for my mess up. I would like to try out a 2009 FX-15 one of these days though!

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is no reason to apologize! I'm still trying to figure out why Honda pulled out of the PWC market in the first place! I'm glad you enjoy yours, I've ridden them and they are a great machine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone, I bought two 06 turbo models with a trailer last July, and have never looked back. I love them. Go to other brand names on any forum and you will see people having nothing but trouble. Then look at Honda, hardly anything! This forum is the reason I went with Honda...thanks again...come on Spring!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts