Personal Water Craft Forum banner

2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Alex77 
2 questions? When it was upside down, which way did you roll it over? Next, have you removed the plugs and then with the plugs out started it up to make sure no more water spits back out at you? You may still have water in the motor. Last, spark plugs are cheap and even though you dried off your plugs, they may be fouled. Go buy some new ones and after the old ones have been removed, and you have turned the motor over with no plugs in it and are sure the engine is free of all water, then install the new plugs and see what happens.

Your actually supposed to roll it counterclockwise. There should even be a little sticker somewhere on the back of your jet ski showing you. That's probably how your engine filled up with water.

So if I am understanding you, basically, your engine just clicks? I may have misunderstood your first statement. I thought it was turning over just not firing. Is the water still in the engine then? If that is the case, you may have to manually remove the water from the engine. Also, was it fresh water or salt water?

Last, since your ski is still under warranty, give your dealership a call. Kawasaki is really good about covering things. My stand up sank at the river in 98' and I had the extended warranty on it. It was caused, we believe, by a bad hood seal letting the water in the engine compartment. All of my electrical system had to be replaced as well as some mechanical stuff too although I do not recall all what it was. In total, the bill was in the thousands of dollars but Kawasaki paid for everything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.