Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 RXP-215 that i bought New and have had no issues with it until yesterday. I had it on the hose to run it and half way through revving it i noticed it started to shake violently and the rpms moved up very slowly. I took it on the water to test it and there was No power whatsoever and A code flashed for a second then went away I think it said 1309 or 1509. I checked the seadoo site to try to figure out how to get the code to come up again so I can write it down but the site was no . any ideas on what this might be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Spoke to a tech who said the plugs may be bad, Pulled them and they had a thick film of oil around the compression seal. I will install new plugs tonight and update on weather or not it solved the problem. The tech said sometimes when it sits for a long period like mine did "6 months" on initial startup the cylinders may have an influx of oil that fouls the plugs.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a 2007 RXP-215 that i bought New and have had no issues with it until yesterday. I had it on the hose to run it and half way through revving it i noticed it started to shake violently and the rpms moved up very slowly. I took it on the water to test it and there was No power whatsoever and A code flashed for a second then went away I think it said 1309 or 1509. I checked the seadoo site to try to figure out how to get the code to come up again so I can write it down but the site was no . any ideas on what this might be?
Sounds like an ignition problem with the CPU. Try calling my dealer J&J Watercraft Tel # 302 655 4957 ask for CJ or Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with a 06 RXP. My tech told me it was due to the fog used in the winterization of the ski. Now, I crank them to blow out the fog then change the plugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts