Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it is hope someone out there will help 2007 Yamaha waverunner will not run
new battery ,starter selinod , pulled off fuel line from ingector gallery pumps fuel . It will run if I jump at starter relay but will only run on starter fluid then dies .
Hope someone has had the same problem or that someone out there can help with this issue
Thank you for your time

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Does it turn over without jumping the starter relay? Clogged fuel injectors?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't turn over at all using the switch only if you keep pushing it does but never long enough to start just a 1 sec then nothing battery is new good voltage , starter good new selinod still have to jump it and will not run at all only with starter fluid it will run

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sounds like a bad battery. Voltage could be great, but you have to load it to know for sure. Try a different battery. Some are bad right from the store. They may show good voltage, but not put out enough amps to turn over the engine.

Also check for loose or corroded connections. Check wires going to battery and in electrical box. Did you check the starter relay and fuses?

If you have a good battery, good relay, good starter, and good connections, and it still will not turn over, then you either have screwed up a piston/cylinder or have something stuck in the pump system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have boosted battery with truck off and load tested battery . it just doesnt seem to want to start from the switch push the switch it will cycle the fuel pump and has lots of presseure but it just will not start I'm fairly mechanicly inclinde but this is my first waverunner and not positive what it could be everything does turn freely pump motor with plugs out have had it running with starter fluid but just will not turn over or run by the switch power have removed switch chased all wires back and forth reconnected ever wire .... thanks for your time also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts