Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, 2008 gp 1300r starts up no problem, idle on lake for about 5 min, then ran it for about 15 min mainly straight at about 40-50mph, did some turns, 360s and then turned it off. Tried to restart,it turned over but wouldnt start. Let it sit for 15min, then started right up, ran for another 15 min and got a warning, could not see what the warning was but it would not restart again. The oil is full, it has gas, and when running, water was coming out of water pilot holes on sides of the ski. About 20 min later, started right up, ran straight ahead back to ramp at about 25mph, about 1 mile to ramp. At the house , flushed out ski , ran fine no problems, starting. Does anyone have any info to help me, before I take it in to Yamaha, Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since no one has an answer, I called Yamaha myself. I was told to check the plugs, drain gas tank, and refill with premium gas with higher octane. The higher Octane gas seemed to work. There ya go

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Since no one has an answer, I called Yamaha myself. I was told to check the plugs, drain gas tank, and refill with premium gas with higher octane. The higher Octane gas seemed to work. There ya go
Wonder what the warning was about? Don't see how bad gas would set off a warning?

As for plug change every 10 hours? Never heard of that. I'd buy stock in NGK if I had to change plugs every 10 hours. I've got over 80 hours on my current set in my 4 stroke and it is a known plug eater, and still going strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts