Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas of what I need to check. VX was operating fine for 20 minutes then check engine light and buzzer came on. RPMs dropped considerable. Came back in checked intake, seems ok, cooling water pilot outlet still working. Replaced plugs and took it back out, ran fine for 10 minutes then check engine light and buzzer came back on. Where do I go next?

VX has 257 hours on the meter. Appreciate any advice before I take it to the dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have no idea about your model. Usually there is a way to check your codes like on a car sometimes you have to hold the mode button for a certain amount of time then it will give you a code. I would check your manual or google how to check your ski. Usually just volts or cooling issue triggers the warning light/buzzer, but that can be alot of things. Also the ski is running good if you just take off from the dock?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also on some models if your ski is heating up, it will cut your rpms to an idle or shut off to be sure it doesn't get too hot. Bad charging system or battery can also cause a buzzer after a few minutes or so, you should have a volts indicator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts