Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO. I would use it mostly in Rivers, but also in the ocean. How does this perform in saltwater? Also, this will be my first PWC, is it really worth $11,399? Also, I might buy it just for a one season use (5 months), how much would it depreciate. I would probably put about 250 hours on it for this season.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok..so no one got back to me..i guess i'll have to find out for myself..because now I am a pround owner of a 2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO YAY:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
why didnt you get the SHO????

anyway, it will perform great in the ocean, personally i wouldnt have paid that for the HO,but the SHO yes...it will deppreciate alot especially if you put 250 hrs on it..... you'll have a hard time putting 250hrs on it in 5 months...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wanted the SHO but with taxes and other costs, it would have been $14,100. Mine was $12,600. I know its only like a 1400 dollar difference..but one is in the 12 and the other in 14..but also "first year" sorta thing...but i'm not sure...i can still go back and say i want the SHO..but again...we have a short boating season up here...so its kinda pointless to spend alot of money on somethin like that..idk..but i'm happy with what i've got

·
Registered
209 Posts
boatingetc said:
i wanted the SHO but with taxes and other costs, it would have been $14,100. Mine was $12,600. I know its only like a 1400 dollar difference..but one is in the 12 and the other in 14..but also "first year" sorta thing...but i'm not sure...i can still go back and say i want the SHO..but again...we have a short boating season up here...so its kinda pointless to spend alot of money on somethin like that..idk..but i'm happy with what i've got

as long as your happy..... but you also have to consider, the value of it in a few years... the SHO will be much more valuable than the HO.... ya buying first model year isnt the best choice but if you know how to fix them, than its no biggie...

·
Registered
209 Posts
boatingetc said:
ya but even if i knew how to fix it..i dont wanna spend $14k on somethin that might fall apart

might fall apart??? its yamaha nothings gonna fall apart,,, theyve waited this long to bring it out because its so good IMHO.. sea-doo released the rxp in 04 and yamaha had no comeback till now,,,,why, cuz good R&D takes a while..

either way you got a nice ski..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats. The FXHO is an excellent choice. You get the advantage of the NanoXcel hull and deck and the great fuel economy of the High Output engine. You'll love it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i look forward to using it..i went to the dealer today to pick it up, but i refused it because it has several scratches around the mirror and one bit scratch or maybe dent but anyways, it goes down through the gelcoat and into the fiberglass. I told them I wanted a new machine, but we worked it out, so they are going to repare it for me..I would have gone with a new machine, but I dont want to wait any longer. My saleswoman tells me i'm making something small into a big deal, well if i'm spending $12k+ on a "toy" i want it to be as near perfect as possible. Even if when I take it out, if I get a scratch on it, at least its my scratch, and not theirs!

But I look forward to having it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now that i think about it more, i'm going to cancel my purchase and go to another dealer. They said I had to sign the bill of sale in order to "order" the machine. It makes somewhat sense, but how do I know what it looks like? So I had to sign it in order to see it afterwards. I did not sign to purchase a damaged machine, yet thats what they are selling me!:mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
$12K is a lot of money and there is plenty of time to ride. You'll love the HO. Getting a clean one will be easy. Enjoy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
dont settle for the dealers bullchit..... your buying a NEW ski and thats what they need to give you....NEW,, right out of the crate... not the showroom floor model....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in the event i get scratches on it..at least they will be mine...its gunna take alot to get any if i'm careful...but still..gee i tried to get a new boat instead of fixing this one..but they said its already registered, so now its my boat..oh well...so they will fix it..then i'll go out and enjoy it once it warms up a bit...i found a cold weather outfit i might buy so i can extend my months to use it..the suit goes for about 450 bucks..its on the pricy side..but its better than a wet suit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
boatingetc,

Tell me more about that suit you are going to buy. I'm new to PWCs and want some kind of suit, but don't want that rubberized wet suit. Is this one of those new dry suits divers are buying? Any suggested place to check one out on the web?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/245307/377%20710%2 1237/0/Survival%20Suits/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377%20710%201237&Ne=0&Ntt=Survival%20Suits&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=8&subdeptNum=52&classNum=774

This one starts at $450. Its a cold weather survival suit. I know it is a bit extreme, but I doubt a wet suit would keep one warm enough during the cold months. I live in Connecticut and the only time to go out is late April if its warm enough but usually May to September. If I were to get this...as long as there is no ice in the water...It would extend my time on the water a lot longer..but its a steep price..and might be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yikes, boatingetc! You sure are a die-hard! I am going to look at some kind of dry suit to extend my riding, but no April riding for me. Even on the Chesapeake, there aren't that many great days in late April or early May. Most of the real water activities start around Memorial day. Formerly, I would rush to get my boat in the water in late April then it would sit in the slip until later May. It was typically too cold and wet in the spring. Who knows anymore with the changing local climates. This season could be quite comfortable.

Thanks for the input on the suit. I used to boat out of Clinton Ct years ago. Great boating area. Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well I've never owned a jet ski before..and I want to enjoy it as much as possible..hmm I wonder how it will be in the rain?

·
Registered
209 Posts
rain isnt that bad, as long as your going slow:thumbsdown:

fast it can sting like a mofo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts